2017 - 2018 School Year
World Music Drumming Curriculum
- Understand and demonstrate the value and techniques of cooperative teamwork.
- Demonstrate techniques for playing various types of drums and other percussion equipment.
- Sing songs with percussion and other instruments from various multicultural traditions.
- Improvise new drumming ensemble patterns.
- Move to music while singing or playing instruments.
- Listen actively and critically to various styles of music.
- Echo drum patterns played by others
- Creating drum patterns to be echoed by others.
Key Words Instruments
- respect low, medium and high tubanos
- focus cow bell
- watch gankogui (double bell)
- listen shekere (shaker)